A Psalm of David, to bring to remembrance.
1. O LORD, do not rebuke me in Your wrath; neither chasten me in Your fury,
2. For Your arrows stick fast in me, and Your hand presses heavily upon me.
3. There is no soundness in my flesh because of Your anger; nor rest in my bones because of my sin,
4. For my iniquities have gone over my head; like a heavy burden they are too heavy for me.
5. My wounds are putrefied and fester because of my foolishness.
6. I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long,
7. For my loins are filled with a burning; and there is no soundness in my flesh.
8. I am feeble and painfully broken; I groan because of the anguish of my heart.
9. My LORD, all my desire is before You; and my sighing is not hidden from You.
10. My heart pants; my strength fails me; as for the light of my eyes, it also is gone from me.
11. My loved ones and My friends stand apart from My plague; and My neighbors stand far off.
12. And those who seek my life lay snares for me; and those who seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and plot deceptions all the day long.
13. But like a deaf one, I do not hear; and I am like a dumb one who opens not his mouth.
14. Thus I am as a man who hears not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs,
15. For in You, O LORD, do I hope; You will answer, O LORD my God,
16. For I said, “Hear me, lest they rejoice over me; when my foot slips, they magnify themselves against me.”
17. For I am ready to fall, and my pain is always before me,
18. For I will confess my iniquity; I am full of anxiety because of my sin.
19. And my enemies are vigorous; they are strong; and those who hate me without reason are multiplied.
20. And those who render evil for good oppose me because I follow what is good.
21. Forsake me not, O LORD; O my God, be not far from me.
22. Make haste to help me, O LORD my salvation.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved