To the Chief Musician, to Jeduthun. A Psalm of David.
1. I said, “I will take heed to my ways so that I do not sin with my tongue; I will keep my mouth with a bridle while the wicked are before me.”
2. I became dumb, keeping silent; I said nothing good, and yet my sorrow grew worse.
3. My heart was hot within me; while I was musing, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue:
4. “O LORD, make me to know my end and the measure of my days, what it is, that I may know how short lived I am.
5. Behold, You have made my days as a handbreadth, and the span of my days is as nothing before You. Surely every man at his best state is altogether vanity. Selah.
6. Surely every man walks about in a vain show! Surely they are in an uproar in vain. He heaps up riches and does not know who shall gather them.
7. And now, LORD, what do I wait for? My hope is in You.
8. Deliver me from all my transgressions; make me not the reproach of the fool.
9. I was dumb; I did not open my mouth because You have done it.
10. Remove Your stroke away from me; I am consumed by the blow of Your hand.
11. You correct a man for iniquity with rebukes, and You make his beauty to vanish away like a moth. Surely every man is vanity. Selah.
12. Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear to my cry. Do not be silent at my tears; for I am a stranger with You, a sojourner, as all my fathers were.
13. Look away from me, that I may recover strength before I depart and am no more.”
To the Chief Musician,H5329
HVqp1cs"I will take heedH8104
HVqh1csto my waysH1870
HNcbpcHSp1csso that I do not sinH2398
HRHVqcwith my tongue;H3956
HRHNcbscHSp1csI will keepH8104
HRHNcmscHSp1cswith a bridleH4269
HAamsaare before me."H5048
HRHNcmscHSp1cswhile I was musing,H1901
HVqi3fsthen I spokeH1696
HVpp1cswith my tongue:H3956
HNpmake me to knowH3045
HNcmscHSp1csand the measureH4060
HCHNcfscof my days,H3117
HPp3fsis, that I may knowH3045
HTmYou have madeH5414
HNcmpcHSp1csas a handbreadth,H2947
HNcmpaand the span of my daysH2465
HCHNcmscHSp1csis as nothingH369
HNcmsaat his best stateH5324
HVti3msabout in a vain show!H6754
HTathey are in an uproarH1993
HNcmsaHe heaps upH6651
HVqi3msriches and does notH3808
HTishall gather them.H622
HRHNcfpaand You make his beautyH2530
HVqsmscHSp3msto vanish awayH4529
HCHVhw2mslike a moth.H6211
HNpand give earH238
HVqj2msat my tears;H1832
HPp1csam a strangerH1616
Copyright © 2024 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved