To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.
1. I waited patiently for the LORD, and He inclined unto me and heard my cry.
2. He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps.
3. And He has put a new song in my mouth, even praise to our God; many shall see and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
4. Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust and does not respect the proud, nor those who turn aside to lies.
5. O LORD my God, many things You have done, Your wonderful works and Your thoughts which are toward us; there is none to compare unto You; if I could declare and speak of them, they would be more than can be told.
6. Sacrifice and offering You did not desire; My ears You have opened; burnt offering and sin offering You have not required.
7. Then I said, “Lo, I come; in the scroll of the book it is written of Me;
8. I delight to do Your will, O My God; and Your law is within My heart.”
9. I have preached righteousness in the great congregation; lo, I have not kept back my lips, O LORD, You know.
10. I have not hidden Your righteousness within my heart; I have declared Your faithfulness and Your salvation; I have not hidden Your lovingkindness and Your truth from the great congregation.
11. Do not withhold Your tender mercies from me, O LORD; let Your lovingkindness and Your truth always preserve me,
12. For evils without number have encircled me; my iniquities have taken hold on me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails me.
13. Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me; O LORD, make haste to help me.
14. Let them be ashamed and confounded together, those who seek after my soul to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame, those who delight in my hurt.
15. Let them be desolate as a reward for their shame, those who say to me, “Aha, ha!”
16. Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You, and let the one who loves Your salvation always say, “Let the LORD be magnified.”
17. But I am poor and needy; may the LORD think upon me; You are my help and my deliverer; O my God, do not delay.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved