To the Chief Musician. A Psalm for the sons of Korah.
1. Hear this, all you people; give ear, all inhabitants of the world:
2. Both low and high, rich and poor together.
3. My mouth shall speak of wisdom, and the thoughts of my heart shall be of understanding.
4. I will incline my ear to a parable; I will open my dark saying upon the lyre.
5. Why should I fear in the days of evil, when the iniquity of my supplanters surrounds me?
6. Those who trust in their wealth and in their many riches boast themselves.
7. No man can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him—
8. For the redemption of their soul is costly, and no payment is ever enough.
9. That he should live forever and never see corruption,
10. For he sees wise men die; likewise the fool and the brutish person perish together, and leave their wealth to others.
11. Their inward thought is that their houses shall go on forever, and their dwelling places to all generations; they call their lands after their own names.
12. Nevertheless man, though high in honor, does not remain; he is like the beasts that perish.
13. This is the way of the foolish, and of their followers who delight in their sayings. Selah.
14. Like sheep they are appointed to the grave; death shall be their shepherd and the upright shall have the rule over them in the morning; and their form shall decay in the grave far from their home.
15. But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave, for He will receive me. Selah.
16. Be not afraid when one becomes rich, when the wealth of his house increases;
17. For when he dies he shall take nothing with him; his wealth shall not descend after him.
18. Though during his life he blessed his soul; yea, men will praise you when you do well to yourself.
19. He shall go to the generation of his fathers; they shall never see light.
20. A man in honor, but without understanding, is like the beasts; they shall perish.
To the Chief Musician.H5329
HNcmsafor the sonsH1121
HVqrmpcof the world:H2465
HVqi3mplikewise the foolH3684
HAamsaand the brutish personH1198
HNcmscHSp3mpthought is that their housesH1004
HNcmpcHSp3mpshall go on forever,H5769
HRHNcmsaand their dwelling placesH4908
HRtheir own names.H8034
HRdHNcbsathey are appointedH8371
HVqp3cpto the grave;H7585
HNcmsashall be their shepherdH7462
HVqi3msHSp3mpand the uprightH3477
HAampashall have the ruleH7287
HRHSp3mpin the morning;H1242
HRdHNcmsaand their formH6736
HRHVpcin the graveH7585
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved