1. Now we who are strong in the faith are obligated to support the ones who are weak, and not to please ourselves.
2. Accordingly, let each one of us please his neighbor for good, unto edification;
3. For even Christ did not please Himself; rather, as it is written, “The reproaches of those who are reproaching You have fallen upon Me.”
4. For all the things that were written before were written for our instruction, so that through patient endurance and encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
5. Now may the God of patience and encouragement grant you to be likeminded toward one another according to Christ Jesus,
6. So that with one accord and one mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
7. Therefore, receive one another, according as Christ has also received us, to the glory of God.
8. Now I tell you that Jesus Christ has become a servant to the circumcision for the truth of God, so that He might confirm the promises given to the fathers;
10. And again it says, “Rejoice, all you Gentiles, with His people”;
11. And again, “Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles; and praise Him, all you peoples.”
12. And again, Isaiah says, “There shall be a root of Jesse, and He that arises shall rule the Gentiles: in Him shall all the Gentiles hope.”
13. May the God of hope fill you now with all joy and peace in believing that you may abound in hope and in the power of the Holy Spirit.
14. But I myself am also persuaded concerning you, my brethren, that you are full of goodness, and are being filled with all knowledge, and are able to admonish one another.
16. In order that I might be a minister of Jesus Christ unto the Gentiles to perform the holy service of teaching the gospel of God; so that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
17. Therefore, I have cause for boasting in Christ Jesus as to the things pertaining to God.
18. For I will not presume to speak about anything that Christ has not worked out by me for the obedience of the Gentiles, through word and work,
19. Through the power of signs and wonders, in the power of the Spirit of God; so that in a circuit from Jerusalem to Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ;
20. And indeed, I have aspired to preach the gospel of Christ where the name of Christ was not known, so that I might not build on another’s foundation;
21. But even as it is written: “Those to whom He had not been proclaimed shall see; and those who had not heard shall understand”;
22. For this reason also, I have been hindered many times from coming to you.
23. But now, there being no place in these regions that has not heard the gospel, and having a great desire to come to you for many years,
24. Whenever I may go to Spain, I will come to you because I hope to see you while passing through Rome, and from there to be sent forward by you after I have enjoyed your company for a while.
25. But now I am going to Jerusalem to minister to the saints
26. Because those in Macedonia and Achaia were pleased to make a certain contribution for the poor saints who are in Jerusalem.
27. Now, they took pleasure in doing this, and their debtors they are because if the Gentiles have shared in their spiritual things, they ought in turn to minister to them even in physical things.
28. Therefore, when I have finished this task, and have safely delivered into their hands the fruit that was collected, I will set off toward Spain and will come to you.
29. I know that, when I do come to you, I shall come in the fullness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.
30. Now I exhort you, brethren, by our Lord Jesus Christ, and by the love of the Spirit, to strive together with me in prayers to God on my behalf
31. In order that I may be delivered from those in Judea who are unbelievers, and that my service in bringing this fruit to Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints;
32. So that I may come to you in joy by the will of God, and that I may be refreshed with you.
33. Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved