2. In the hope of eternal life, which God Who cannot lie promised before the ages of time,
3. But revealed in its own set time in the proclamation of His Word, with which I was entrusted according to the commandment of God our Savior;
4. To Titus, a true son according to our common faith: Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior.
6. If any man be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children, not accused of debauchery or rebellion.
7. For it is obligatory that as God’s steward an overseer be blameless, not selfwilled, not quick-tempered, not given to wine, not a bully, not greedy for material gain;
8. But hospitable, a lover of good, soundminded, just, holy, self-controlled,
9. Holding steadfastly to the faithful word, according to the teachings of Jesus Christ, so that he may be able both to encourage with sound doctrine and to convict those who are gainsayers.
10. For there are many rebellious and vain talkers and deceivers, especially those from the circumcision party,
11. Whose mouths must be stopped; who are subverting whole households, teaching things which they ought not, for the sake of selfish gain.
12. One from among them, even one of their own prophets, said, “Cretans are always liars, and evil, wild beasts, and lazy gluttons.”
13. This testimony is true. For this reason you must rebuke them severely, that they may be sound in the faith;
14. Not paying attention to Jewish myths and commandments of men, which turn away from the truth.
15. To the pure, all things are pure; but to those who are defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure; rather, both their minds and consciences are defiled.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved