1. But as for you, speak the things that befit sound doctrine.
2. Teach the older men to be temperate, serious-minded, respectable, sound in the faith, in love, and in patience;
3. In like manner, teach the older women to be in their behavior as it is fitting for godly women, not slanderers, and not enslaved to much wine, but teachers of that which is right;
4. That they may teach the young women to love their husbands and to love their children;
5. To be modest, chaste, keepers of the home; to be good and to submit themselves to their own husbands, so that the Word of God may not be blasphemed.
6. In the same way, exhort the younger men to be sober-minded.
7. In all things you yourself set an example of good works; in doctrine uncorrupted, serious-minded, and sincere;
8. Use sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that the one who opposes you may be ashamed, having nothing evil to say about you.
9. Admonish slaves to submit themselves to their own masters, to be well pleasing in everything, not answering back;
10. Not misappropriating anything, but showing all good faithfulness; so that they may do credit to the doctrine of our Savior God in everything.
11. For the grace of God, which brings salvation for all men, has appeared;
12. Teaching us that, having denied ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live moderately and righteously and godly in this present world,
14. Who gave Himself for us, so that He might redeem us from all lawlessness, and might purify for Himself a unique people, zealous of good works.
15. Speak these things, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved