1. Then I again lifted up my eyes and looked. And behold! A flying scroll.
2. And he said to me, “What do you see?” And I answered, “I see a flying scroll; its length is twenty cubits, and its width ten cubits.”
3. And he said to me, “This is the curse that goes forth over the face of the whole earth; for everyone who steals shall be cut off according to it; and everyone who swears from now on shall be cut off according to it.”
4. “I will bring it forth,” says the LORD of hosts; “and it shall enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him who swears falsely by My name. And it shall remain in the midst of his house, and shall devour it, and its timber and its stones.”
5. Then the angel who talked with me went forth and said to me, “Now lift up your eyes and see what this is that goes forth.”
6. And I said, “What is it?” And he said, “This is the measuring container Heb.: ephahthat goes forth.” And moreover he said, “This is their resemblance throughout all the earth.”
7. And behold, a round lead cover was lifted up, and a woman was sitting upon the measuring container.
8. And he said, “This is wickedness.” And he threw her down into the midst of the measuring container. And he thrust down the round lead cover over its opening.
9. And I lifted up my eyes and looked, and behold, two women came out. And the wind was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork. And they lifted up the measuring container between the earth and the heavens.
10. And I said to the angel who talked with me, “Where are they going with the measuring container?”
11. And he said to me, “To build a house for it in the land of Shinar; Babylonand when it is prepared she shall be set there in her own place.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved